Sunday, December 15, 2013

Today is the day!

It is 6am in China right now and I made myself stay in bed until 5! We are so tired at night but can't seem to stay in bed asleep in the mornings. In just a few short hours we are going to get Ellie! I am so excited and nervous all at the same time! It is almost hard to describe the way you feel, it is a moment you have been waiting for and praying for for so long that it is hard to believe it is really happening!
Yesterday, we got out and did some exploring of the city. Shanghai has about 25million people living in the city. The air pollution has been terrible while we have been here. People are wearing masks and there is just a dark haze that looms over the city. We enjoyed seeing the Yuyuan park, the Shanghai Museum, and we finished up at a place where they make silk! We packed a lot into one day but today will be big enough! It is supposed to rain the next few days so there will be less exploring to do.
I will update this blog as soon as I can after we get Ellie! Thank you for your prayers and support during this amazing journey!















- " I used to think I could shape the circumstances around me, but now I know Jesus uses circumstances to shape me". Bob Goff's book Love Does

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment